Audit/Tax Partner – Base Salary 225K+
Base Salary - 225K+
Location : Washington DC area
My Client, a Regional CPA firm that is trying to grow their presence in the Washington DC area. Currently they have 10 established offices on the Amtrak corridor. They are currently seeking Partner level professionals who can help them with this growth. Interested candidates must be proven leaders in the areas of Tax and/or Audit in one or more industries. They must have a proven track record in servicing small to mid-sized businesses. If they can bring clients with them, my client will “buy” them under the terms of their existing negotiated non-compete.
This is an Equity Position. Minimum base pay will be $225K. Additional compensation in the form of incentive bonuses will be paid upon achieving agreed upon goals. Typically the firm will match or exceed the successful candidate’s compensation package at their current firm.
- Oversee and coordinate all services for clients in the areas of Audit, Tax, Business Advisory and Consulting and Specialty services.
- Handle all invoicing of services to client.
- Successful candidate(s) will be able to Manage engagements for their clients in their area of expertise whether Audit, Tax or Consulting & Specialty Services. This includes Supervising and training of staff, engagement planning and budgeting and final report generation.
- Will be a leader in one or more industries like Government Contracting, Non-Profit, R/E, Construction, Professional services etc.
- Business development. Have the ability to develop new business in their field of expertise as well as expand the number of services provided to their existing clients.
- Participate in the management and growth of their local office.
- Work collaboratively with other firm personnel, not only in the local office but in other regions as well.
- CPA licensed is required.
- BS or Master’s degree in Accounting.
- 15+ years of experience in Public Accounting.
- Proven record of Managing all phases of relationship with clients.
- Ability to develop new business.
- Strong work ethic.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Broad and deep understanding of accounting principles and the specialized knowledge related to their discipline and industry focus.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Pragmatic – Know how to identify difficult issues and focus on them without wasting time on matters of lesser importance.