Controller – Government Contracting – Sal 120K-150K
Location : Tyson's Corner, Virginia
My client a 25+ million Government Contractor located in No Virginia is seeking a Controller to assume complete responsibility for their Accounting Department and staff of 5. This organization is not worried about the effects of the threatened Sequestration. They feel the services they provide to various government agencies are not in danger of suffering cutbacks. In fact, they believe they are poised for growth. Position will report directly to the Executive Vice President and the Acting CFO. Salary will range between 120K-150K.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all phases of the Department’s activities.
- Produce timely and accurate financial & management reports including:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Budget & variance
- Project & Contract management
- Projections & forecast
- Cash flow
- Maintain control in all areas that typically come under the Controller’s responsibility, including:
- G/L, A/P, A/R, Billing, Payroll, Budgeting etc.
- Cash Management
- Policies & procedures
- Safe guarding of assets
- Insure that all records are kept in compliance with the DCAA rules and regulations and other appropriate organizations.
- Improve and expand the use of Microsoft Dynamics SL/Solomon, their accounting software.
- Maintain relationships with all outside accountants/auditors.
- Provide the leadership to develop and maintain a “can do” attitude in the department that will allow others to begin to rely on the Accounting Department’s work and availability.
- Handle other related or new duties that are assigned by the EVP or Acting CFO.
- At least 10+ years in Accounting with a strong emphasis in Government Contracting.
- Solid experience in managing and developing personnel.
- Experience with automated accounting systems in the Government Contracting industry. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics SL/Solomon is strongly preferred. Experience with Deltek or the equivalent Government Contracting accounting software may suffice.
- Strong sense of IT. Needs to understand the controls that need to be installed/maintained to safeguard their financial and management information.
- Must be a proven leader. Person needs to establish a new “attitude” in the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with personnel in other departments.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines. Reports must be produce timely and accurately.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA a plus.