Controller Government Contracting – Salary to 200K
Location : Tyson's Corner, VA
My client a 50+ million Government Contractor located in No Virginia is seeking a Controller to assume complete responsibility for their Accounting Department and staff of 4. They believe they are poised for growth. Position will report directly to the CEO and CFO. Salary will range between 175K-200K+.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all phases of the Department’s activities.
- Produce timely and accurate financial & management reports including:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Budget & variance
- Project & Contract management
- Projections & forecast
- Cash flow
- Improve the time from closing of period to production of above reports.
- Maintain control in all areas that typically come under the Controller’s responsibility, including:
- G/L, A/P, A/R, Billing, Payroll, Budgeting etc.
- Cash Management
- Policies & procedures
- Safe guarding of assets
- Insure that all records are kept in compliance with the DCAA rules and regulations and other appropriate organizations.
- Recommend and convert current Accounting System to either Deltek GCS or CostPoint.
- Maintain relationships with all outside accountants/auditors.
- Provide the leadership for the department to enable it service the other company's department's needs and information requirements.
- Handle other related or new duties that are assigned by the CEO or CFO.
- At least 10+ years in Accounting with a strong emphasis in Government Contracting.
- Solid experience in managing and developing personnel.
- Experience with automated accounting systems in the Government Contracting industry. Experience with either Deltek's GCS or Cospoint is required.
- Strong sense of IT. Needs to understand the controls that need to be installed/maintained to safeguard their financial and management information.
- Must be a proven leader. Person needs to establish a positive “attitude” in the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with personnel in other departments.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines. Reports must be produce timely and accurately.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA a plus.
Client will only interview candidates who currently live and work in the Washington DC area.