Controller – Professional Service – 165K
Location : Washington DC
Client is seeking a Controller who can function in a fast paced growth environment. Successful candidate will report directly to the CFO and supervise a staff of 5. Salary is in the 165K range.
- Establishment of accounting policies, practices and procedures
- Development of financial and management reporting
- Oversight of the budget formats and processes
- Proactive communication and outreach with line management and staff
- Management, training and mentoring of accounting staff
- Coordination of Annual Audit and tax matters with firm’s public accountants
- Interface with the Information Technology staff
- Provide assistance to the CFO in the areas of budgets and forecast, risk management, cash management, financial analysis and relationships with commercial banks.
- At least 5 years experience as an assistant controller or controller in a for-profit business environment.
- At least 5 years in Public Accounting, preferably with Big-4 audit experience focused on for-profit entities.
- BS in Accounting or Finance with a cumulative overall GPA of 3.4 or better.
- Passed CPA Exam
- Managed the accounting for a middle-market private company with multiple legal entities and multiple jurisdictions
- Familiarity with state apportionment matters
- Experience in design and implementation of accounting systems, including labor distribution and project accounting. Not as an IT professional but being directly involved as a lead or power user
- Experience with professional service firms
- Tenacity and attention to detail
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with line managers
- Relates well to both professional and clerical financial and administrative staff.