Outsourced Accounting – Accounting Manager/Controller
To $50 per Hour
Location : Washington DC area
Tired of doing the same thing for the same organization every month? Bored with being in the same office all the time? Want more variety in your work? Then this position is for you!
My client, provides Outsourced Accounting services to small businesses throughout the Washington DC area. Because of client demands, they need to identify and on-board additional talent. Much of the work can be done remotely from your home. They are looking for professionals who can work 25-40 hours per week. Some of their staff have their own small accounting practices but they do not have enough work to keep them busy, so they also work for my client. My client has been able to grow because of the quality of their work and their value pricing to their clients. They charge for the level of work performed, not the level of the person doing the work. Successful candidate:
- Will have 5-10 years’ experience as Accounting Manager/Controller of organizations with sales of 2-10 million per year.
- Prior Public Accounting or Outsourced Accounting experience is not required, but it is a definite plus because of the exposure to a broad spectrum of clients and engagements. CPA a plus.
- Must have ability to juggle multiple clients.
- Possess the ability to maintain relationships with CEOs, Owners and Executive Directors of small businesses in various industries.
- Will have good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be comfortable operating computerized General Ledger systems. Many of their clients use either QuickBooks Pro or QuickBooks Online but exposure to other Accounting software like Deltek, MS Dynamics GP & SL is a plus.
- Clients are located throughout the Washington metropolitan area in DC, MD & VA.
- Clients are in multiple industries including Law firms, other Professional Service firms, Government Contracting, Construction & R/E, Restaurants, Retail and Non-Profits.