Controller/Accounting Manager for Non Profit – Salary to 135K
Location : Washington DC
My client, a national Non-Profit organization with assets of approximately $500 million and an annual operating budget of around $25 million is seeking a Controller/Accounting Manager to assume primary responsibility for the organization’s entire accounting function. This is both a detailed and “big picture” position. Because their systems and procedures are established and in good order, this position typically requires only 40 hours a week commitment. Successful candidate will report to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer. They are located downtown next to a Metro station. Depending on Experience, the base compensation will range between 110K-135K plus an outstanding benefits package.
- Enter transactions and maintain all entries into the general and corresponding subsidiary ledgers.
- Prepare and distribute monthly financial statements.
- Work closely with outside auditors from planning to report generation.
- Facilitate preparation of all tax returns including quarterly estimated tax calculations.
- Assist in the preparation of the 990 returns.
- Prepare and monitor the annual operating budget of approximately $5 million including monthly variance analysis.
- Calculate annual cash flow requirements. Modify monthly needs based on current information.
- Responsible for maintaining Microsoft Dynamics GP software and fixed asset software.
- Maintain relationships with outside vendors ensuring that they are cost effective and meet the organization’s needs. This includes prompt payment of all approved invoices.
- Prepare payroll using outside payroll service.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS in Accounting or Business Administration; CPA or public accounting strongly preferred.
- 7+ years relevant accounting experienced, including experience with accounting for investments, payroll, accounts payable; year end closings and audit preparation; and Federal & State Filings.
- Solid exposure to Microsoft Dynamics GP and Microsoft Office. Experience with fixed assets software a plus.
- Most possess very good organizational skills and the ability to produce work that is of high quality with respect to accuracy, timeliness and presentation. Must be detailed oriented.
- Good oral and written communication skills a must. Must be a team player who willingly supports the goals of the organization.
- Must exercise the highest level of discretion, integrity and confidentiality.