Controller/CFO Professional Service Firm
Location : Montgomery County MD
My client a 15+ million Professional Service firm located in Montgomery County MD is seeking a Controller/CFO to assume complete responsibility for their Accounting/Finance Department and staff of 3. Position will report directly to the CEO. Salary will range between 125K-130K.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all phases of the Department’s activities.
- Produce timely and accurate financial & management reports to ownership group including:
- Income Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Budget & variance
- Project management
- Job Cost including Budgets vs Actual, Work Plans and % of completion.
- Projections & forecast
- Cash flow
- Maintain control in all areas that typically come under the Controller’s responsibility, including:
- G/L, A/P, A/R, Billing, Time Card Reporting, Payroll, Budgeting etc.
- Cash Management
- Monitor Chargeable Time Analysis.
- Oversee Preparation of Federal & State Tax returns prepared by outside accountant.
- Policies & procedures
- Safe guarding of assets and
- Review contracts for consistencies, risk management, trends and scope creep.
- Create Project Labor/Fee History to assist with Fee Proposals.
- Provide the leadership for the department to enable it service the other company's department's needs and information requirements.
- Ability to handle multiple entities registered in various states.
- Assist in fee development, fee/scope/terms negotiation.
- Participate in Strategic Planning.
- Ability to "teach" Project Management skills and Financial Management to firms operating professionals.
- Handle other related or new duties that are assigned by the CEO.
- At least 10+ years in Accounting with a strong emphasis in Professional service firms like Engineering, Architecture, Law firm, CPA etc.
- Solid experience in managing and developing personnel.
- Experience with Deltek's Vision G/L and Job Cost Management System.
- Strong sense of IT. Needs to understand the controls that need to be installed/maintained to safeguard their financial and management information.
- Must be a proven leader. Person needs to establish/maintain a positive “attitude” in the department.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interface with personnel in other departments.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines. Reports must be produce timely and accurately.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA a plus.
Client will only interview candidates who currently live and work in the Washington DC area.